Book a Flight
Carla Wayman, Rise Air’s Director of Flight Operations was awarded ATAC’s Paul Mulrooney Memorial Award of Excellence. Demonstrating outstanding organizational skills, and commitment to excellence in everything she undertakes, Carla has repeatedly proven able to work under pressure and to motivate others to contribute to the team effort. This award is bestowed to employees of […]Read More
At 6am on December 15, the 22nd annual Santa in the North kicked off with the first flight to Wollaston Lake. A second flight followed shortly afterwards to Stony Rapids, road trip to Black Lake and a final flight to Fond Du Lac completed Santa’s journey on December 16. We’re so thankful for all of […]Read More
Christmas is the time of year when we can all do that little bit extra for family, our elders, those in-need, youth and the wider community. Our Director of Communications and Stakeholder Relations, Dan Gold spoke with Natasha Thomson from Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Prince Albert to find out about one campaign we supported […]Read More
This year, Cameco’s goal was to give 10 women with life-threatening cancer, a dream come true. The annual Touchdown for Dreams game took place last weekend and we had the honour of flying an aircraft full of recipients and volunteers to Mosaic Stadium. The Cameco Riders Touchdown for Dreams program is a partnership between Cameco, […]Read More
- All scheduled service flights departing from Saskatoon will check in at the John G Diefenbaker International Airport.
- Check-in time is one hour prior to departure.
- Cut-off, for all bases, is 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Seats for all passengers 2 years of age and older are assigned at the time of check-in.
- You are required to present your approved Photo ID when you check-in.
- Baggage allowances are based on the fare purchased. Excess baggage fees will apply for overweight baggage.
- Premium Fare - 100lbs
- Flex Fare - 75lbs
- Basic Fare - 50lbs
- Safety regulations require that all carry-on baggage conforms to the following specifications:
- No more than two (2) pieces, when combined, not to exceed 20cm x 43cm x 38cm (8in x 17in x 15in).
- A sizing device is provided in each terminal. The maximum combined weight for cabin baggage is 6kg (13lbs).
- Purses 25cm x 30cm x 20cm (10in x 12in x 8in) or less are not counted as one of the two pieces allowed.
- Customers are requested to identify any special requirements when booking their flight.
- If you have booked your flight on our website, please contact the Reservations line at 1-800-667-9356 to ensure we can accommodate your requirements.
- You are required to contact Rise Air to discuss your requirements no later than 48 hours prior to flight time.
- Visual and/or hearing-impaired passengers, with or without a service animal or companion, will be pre-boarded on our flights.
- For information regarding traveling with service animals, please visit Travelling with Service Animals.
Travelling with Service Animals
- Rise Air will permit a service animal on board without charge if the animal is:
- Required for assistance and certified, in writing by a professional service animal institution, as having been trained to assist a person with a disability.
- The animal must remain harnessed and under the passenger's control but does not need to be muzzled. If the animal is too large for the space under a seat, it may remain on the floor at the passenger's feet.
- Passengers with service animals may not occupy seats where the animal impedes or obstructs access to an emergency exit or interferes with the crew's ability to respond to an emergency.
Mobility and Wheelchair Assistance
- Rise Air will happily aid in transporting passengers who require mobility assistance, including that of a wheelchair.
- For safety reasons, Transport Canada regulates the number of specific levels of wheelchair services provided on our aircraft.
- For this reason, we require you to contact our Reservations line at 1-800-667-9356 a minimum of 48 hours prior to departure so that our customer service attendants and inflight crew can be prepared for the arrival of passengers requiring wheelchair/mobility assistance.
- Each passenger is permitted to bring, in addition to their free baggage allowance, one wheelchair that is transported in the baggage compartment of the aircraft. Braces, crutches, walkers, canes, and other assistance devices will also be accepted and are free of charge.
- Rise Air does permit domestic household pets to be transported on our aircraft. Although we do our best to minimize allergens by keeping animals contained throughout the flight, our aircraft is a public space and cannot guarantee it is an allergen free environment.
- Please call our Reservations line at 1-800-667-9356 when you confirm your reservation. We will make every reasonable effort to arrange a seat as far from the animal as possible.
- Rise Air does not serve any nut products in their inflight service. However, despite our best efforts, other passengers may bring aboard food items that contain nut products or residue.
Traveling with Infants
- Seat selection is not required for infants who are held on a lap of an adult.
- An infant must be held during taxi, take-off, and landing and whenever the seat belt sign is on.
- Lap held infants must be held facing the adult’s chest or secured in an approved car seat for the duration of the flight.
- Transport Canada mandates that infants are not permitted in the emergency exit row and that no person shall be responsible for more than one infant (any child under two years of age) on board.
- Two lap held infants will not be seated in the same row due to the number of oxygen masks in each row.
Travelling with Children Aged Two and Older
- Rise Air requires that a full fare be purchased for children over 2 years of age to have a purchased seat and they must be accompanied by an adult older than 16 years of age.
- Young adults aged 12-16 are permitted to travel on their own or use our accompanied minor service.
- At check-in, Rise Air will try to assign a seat that is close to their parent or guardian for children under the age of 14.
- If close seating is not available, seats will be assigned at check-in and volunteers will be requested at the time of board to change seats prior to take off with no additional charge.
- We will attempt to assign seats:
- Next to their parent or guardian for children aged 5 and under.
- In the same row as their parent or guardian for children aged 6 to 11.
- In a row that is separated by no more than a row from their parent or guardian for children 12-13.
- No child shall occupy an Emergency Exit seat.
Unaccompanied Minor Program
- Children between the ages of 5 and 11 who are traveling alone will be registered in the program.
- Children under the age of 5 are not permitted to travel alone.
- Reservations must be confirmed for the child’s final destination and notification provided at the time of booking that the child is traveling as an unaccompanied minor.
- Reservations for an unaccompanied minor to travel can only be made Monday through Friday, on the first flight of the day.
- The parent or guardian who is dropping off and picking up the child at the airport is required to have photo identification and must provide contact information including their full name, address, and telephone number. An emergency contact number is also required to be provided prior to the child’s departure
- For medical and safety reasons, expectant mothers are welcome on our flights until the end of their 36th week of pregnancy. A medical certificate provided by the passenger’s physician, nurse practitioner, and/or registered midwife is required to fly after the 36th week of pregnancy, stating the passenger is fit to travel. An original signed and dated certificate from their health professional must be presented at the time of check-in.
- In instances where the departure date is prior to the 36th week of pregnancy but the return flight is after the 36th week, a medical certificate as described above is required for the return flight.
- Premium fare is the only fare that is fully refundable and will be refunded to the form of payment that it was charged to. If you paid cash for your fare, reimbursement in the form of a cheque will be mailed to you from our finance department. If the fare was charged to a third party, that party will receive the refund on their account.
- Flex fare charges a $105 administration fee and any applicable fare difference for changes. This fare is nonrefundable. You must notify Rise Air at least 24 hours prior to departure to be eligible to make changes to your reservation.
- Basic fare is nonrefundable. No changes can be made once the ticket is paid for.
Accepted Forms of Payment
- Our accepted forms of electronic payment include Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Debit. Cash only will be accepted when prior authorization has been provided by a company manager. To inquire about cash payments, call our Reservations line at 1-800-667-9356.
- You may purchase your ticket using our website or by contacting our Reservations line at 1-800-667-9356. Additionally, tickets can be bought through our partner travel agencies and directly at our airport base locations.